Texas Counties Deliver
County Tax Assessor-Collector
Christine Pentecost

200 South Broadway, suite 105
Brownwood, TX 76801
Hours of operation: 8:30-5:00pm M-F

Phone: 325-643-1646
Fax: 325-643-1647
For information and forms for vehicle title and registrations and to contact our Regional Service Center at www.txdmv.gov

To contact the local Elections Office information:
Email: electionsadmin@browncountytx.org
Elections page

For information regarding alcoholic beverage licensing please go to  www.tabc.state.tx.us

For property Tax information please go to www.brown-cad.org


Temporary Waiver of Vehicle Title & Registration Requirements Ends April 14, 2021

Texans have through the end of that day to complete overdue transactions

If you’re overdue, it’s time to renew! The temporary waiver of certain vehicle title and registration requirements, announced by Governor Greg Abbott on March 16, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will end on April 14, 2021.

If you have not renewed your expired vehicle registration, you should make plans to renew by that date. It is not necessary to wait until the deadline to complete any overdue transactions as motorists have several renewal options.

Three ways to renew your vehicle registration:

  1. Online:Visitwww.TxDMV.gov/registerorwww.Texas.gov. This is the quickest and least expensive way to renew. Save $1 if you renew online.Online renewal is available up to nine months past your registration expiration date.
  2. Mail:Return the bottom portion of your registration renewal form, payment and other required information to your county tax assessor-collector.
  3. In Person:Visit the office of your county tax assessor-collector. In many counties, in-person renewal is also available at other locations, such as certain grocery stores. Contact yourcounty tax officeto check hours and locations.

Reminder:Before renewing registration, Texans will need to obtain a passingvehicle inspectionat the state vehicle inspection station of their choice, unless their vehicle is exempt from inspection requirements.

The expiring temporary waiver covers the following services:

  • Initial vehicle registration.
  • Vehicle registration renewal.
  • Vehicle titling.
  • Renewal of permanent disabled parking placards.
  • 30-day temporary permits.

The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles does not issue driver licenses or state ID cards. Texans should contact the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) atwww.dps.texas.gov/driverlicense/for these services.